Sunday, April 6, 2008

Dumb Moments and Fun Times with Parker


Okay, so this was the sign that someone should have stapled to my forehead today! I swear that pregnancy causes exponential loss of brain cells. I was putting Parker in his car seat, while talking to my friend Heather (never multi task when operating with low brain cells) when I locked my kid in the car! He always grabs the keys from me, but I usually manage to wrestle them away before he hits anything, but today he locked it before I tossed them to the front seat. Luckily, we were next to an automotive shop and they felt sorry for me and helped me out. He was only trapped for 2 minutes, smiling the whole time, but I still felt like a horrible mother. He thought we were playing a fun peek-a-boo game. Oh, well. I am sure this is the first of many goof ups I will have with two kids.

So, Jared and I got to experience life with two kids this week. We had our nephew Brady stay with us for 6 nights while his mom was in Germany on business. It was such a joy in many ways because he loves Parker and is so good with him. It was challenging to make lunches, study for tests, do homework, keep up with soccer/baseball practices, and attend games. We are exhausted but had a blast. Parker has decided that he likes to watch baseball a lot more than soccer. So, here's our little slugger enjoying the game. If we were all inside Parker's head the recap would have sounded like this.....


When the other team was at bat.... "Batta, Batta, Swing Batta!"


Before Brady went to bat... "Okay Brady, keep your eye on the ball and your elbow up, and you'll be fine."

"Go Brady, Go! You can do it!!!"


Brady got a hit straight down the third baseline and batted in one runner!

"My work here is done. Time for a snack. I had no idea popcorn was so tasty!"


Be sure and vote on the sex of the baby. We will find out this Wednesday if you are right!

5 comments:

Crazy May Days said...

Okay those pictures are ADORABLE! I love them!!! I thought that you weren't finding out about the baby until the end of April? I am SO ExCiTeD now!!!! Wednesday is almost here! What changed? I am impressed at how well you handled a busy 6 year old and almost 2 year old schedule...Hope that you had a great day! Oh- and I totally lost brain cells pregnant... just ask Sarah and Patricia

Carole said...

julie's right! those pictures of Parker are awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Heather,
Love the pics, they are so cute and great comments. Okay, I made my guess on what sex the baby will be. Are we supposed to tell you?
Well we are counting down our days at OCH. Evan and I are going to miss seeing you M-F at 8:00 a.m. sharp. I don't know how to begin to thank you. You are a true blessing.

Emily said...

Good luck at your appt today!! What an exciting day :) Love the pictures!!

Marc and Julie said...

Those pictures are precious! My favorite is the one with the popcorn. Too cute!!