Sunday, March 30, 2008

I'm a Big Kid Now!



I am sad to report that my kid has grown up. First, he quit wanting us to rock him at night, and now he gladly says goodbye when we leave to go somewhere. This weekend he moved to a "big boy bed" without much drama at all. I can't believe he's not in a crib anymore. I think Jared and I had ourselves worked into a frenzy thinking he would have a hard time saying goodbye to his crib. But he surprised us both by proudly showing off his new bed to all the grandparents and sleeping through the night. I, however, did not sleep at all. My neurotic brain was going all night long, thinking of all the scenarios of how he could get hurt. Thus, I listened to the monitor closely all night and never slept. So, today was a bit exhausting but I am soooooo proud of my little man. He uses a step stool to get up into bed and gets out quit easily. Once he ascends the step, he throws his hands up and says "Ta Da". He must have gotten his flair for the dramatic from his father.



His mountain room turned out even cuter as a big kid room than a nursery. We have a desk on one side and a dresser on the other side of the bunk bed. No ladder yet of course as he'd just get hurt.

Pray that Parker continues to surprise us by being easy and sleeping through the night. I truly think transitions are much harder on us than him.

1 comment:

Carole said...

I love his new room - so cute! It is bittersweet though:(