Sunday, April 20, 2008

Stupid People Beware



WARNING!!! THIS BLOG CONTAINS COMPLAINING AND JUST PLAIN BAD ATTITUDES!!!



Okay so this post has nothing to do with Parker. (shocking!!) This is my complaining session dedicated to all the stupid people in the world. I find it amazing that when you are pregnant, women feel the need to tell you every horror story about pregnancy, childbirth, birth defects, etc. Well, let me tell you these stupid women have caused me loss of sleep lately. When Parker and I were at the hair salon a couple of ladies asked how far along I was, I innocently replied 20 weeks, not knowing the aftermath that would ensue. They proceeded to tell me about their neighbor who miscarried at 20 weeks, a friend with a baby born at 21 weeks that is still in the hospital 2 years later, an acquaintance whose baby kicked her way out foot first during labor, and any bizarre story that popped into their heads. These women with diarrhea of the mouth gave me horrible nightmares. I had one dream this week that during my sonogram on Tuesday they discovered the baby had no brain, and yet another horrifying dream that the baby's cord had ruptured.



Now, I know all my friends reading this blog can empathize because I have intelligent, wonderful friends who would never do this sort of thing. For real, ya'll, what are these people thinking when they say things like this to you??? That you will just go merrily about your day without a second thought to their horror stories? They must not know the way my brain works... it takes a small worry and turns it into the most horrific nightmare ever. My husband actually woke me this morning because I was crying in my sleep and my breathing was erratic. So, if you wonder why I have dark circles under my eyes, thank the stupid women with no filter between their brains and their mouths.




My aunt always told me that it is okay to complain about someone's shortcomings, as long as you say "Bless their Heart" after the comments. Such as, "that man is a drunk, Bless his Heart." Or "that woman has the ugliest haircut I have ever seen, Bless her Heart." So Bless your Heart all you pregnancy horror story-telling women out there. I forgive you. Here's your sign.

No comments: