Friday, April 25, 2008

While Dad Was Away


While Dad is away, the family will play, and be quite productive! I had to take off work today to wait on the insurance adjuster to look at our hail damage, so I decided to be productive in the meantime. He decided our roof was totaled, we will get new gutters and screens, new patio furniture, new pool gauges, new turbines/vents on roof, new outdoor grill and repairs to our fence. (Nationwide is on your side!!)

To Do List:
* Thank you's for Parker's birthday party sent
* Kitchen cleaned
* Bills paid
* I negotiated lower interest rates on cards we don't even use
* Organized office
* Made diaper cake for baby shower
* Baked cake for shrimp boil tomorrow night
* Played with Parker and got 1000 kisses
* Let Parker paint my face along with his picture


Then, I guess God thought I should slow down.... because around 2:00 in the morning I woke up with a horrible stomach virus. It is no fun taking care of a very busy toddler when you are running to puke every 5 minutes. I finally found a Good Samaritan, my sister-in-law, to take Parker for a while so I could crawl up in bed. I got some much needed sleep, thanks to Shannon, and am feeling about 50% today. Maybe by Monday I will be back at 100% just in time to work.

Let's all cross our fingers that Parker doesn't get sick. Daddy doesn't handle puke very well. So far so good.

On another note.... anyone who feels like being truly blessed should read the blog on the right called Bring the Rain. Angie Smith is my new hero... read her blog and you will feel the same way that I do. Her story is amazing and her words are powerful. She makes me want to treasure even the moments where I am sick and Parker is tugging on my arm to go play. I want to enjoy every moment.

2 comments:

Crazy May Days said...

How are you feeling? Is miss avery just kicking up a storm? I am just SO excited to meet her!

Lainey-Paney said...

Agreed. She's very strong, and unfortunately, has to go through what she's going through.
It's almost unimaginable.

And reading her words: it does make you hold your little ones a little tighter...a little longer...read one more book...just because you can, and there are others who would give anything to have that "little longer" or "one more time" moment...