Wednesday, April 9, 2008

It's a ........

Girl!! We are tickled pink.

We had our 3D sonogram today. It was not a whole lot different than a regular sonogram, except that you got to see snapshots up close of the baby's face and little body parts. Our little girl was being quite uncooperative by sleeping in a little ball throughout the sonogram. She didn't want to jump around as much as usual. But Jared and I are thrilled to be having a little girl this time. Parker is so special and I know he will love being a protective big brother!


Now we have the daunting task of picking out the perfect name. It is really difficult to name a human being and know that this will be such an important part of their lives. Big Pressure! Jared and I both have commented before on how strange the emotion is when you find out the sex of your child. You spend 4-5 months picking out names for a boy and girl, planning nursery themes, and making plans for what life will be like with a boy or girl. Then, when you find out the sex.... you say goodbye to one set of ideas/dreams. So, it is mixed. We were both hoping for a girl this time, but it is still sad saying goodbye to your imaginary boy. Funny how God implants a deep love right away. We feel so blessed that God has decided to let us raise a son and a daughter together.


I promise as soon as the scanner is working I will post pictures of her sonogram.

5 comments:

Crazy May Days said...

How interesting... Kelly and I had the exact same discussion! I was so happy and in love when I met Gabriel but everytime I hear the name Lucy- I sort of sigh...not sad sigh...just oh, just like she was missing or something. It definitely helped for us to refer to Gabriel as Bellito all the way to the end. I sort of thought I was wierd for feeling that way...glad that you and Jared are wierd like us.

Cathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathy said...

CONGRATS again!! I am so happy for you and Jared! Thanks for letting me be a part of that special memory. can't wait to have a new lil niece!

Carole said...

yay! I'm so excited for y'all! I can't wait to see the pics! bring them tomorrow!

Marc and Julie said...

Congrats!! Parker will be such a great big brother!! He is so sweet :)