Thursday, April 17, 2008

Things I Learned About My Son

I had the day off work today to just play with Parker. We had an extended date today. He taught me several things about himself today that I thought I would share. It was one of the best days we have ever had!! It made me so excited to be a part-timer come September so I can be home with him more.

1. Parker likes rap better than Christian music. I turned off my Casting Crowns CD and the radio was blaring "Get Low, Get Low" and he started singing and dancing like a fool in the backseat. "Baby Got Back" is also a big crowd pleaser with him.

2. Parker picks up on everything I say! After visiting Nana at school today we drove off and he said, "Bye Bye Nana! See ya soon."

3. Parker can be in a phenomenal mood with no nap at all. Silly me, I thought HE needed a nap. Truth is mama needs him to take a nap, so I can get stuff done. We got home from our date around 3:00 and some friends from work came over to scrapbook. He stayed up the whole time playing without one fussy moment. It seems he only has a fussy time of day when I work. He just misses his mama!

4. As long as there are girls to flirt with, life is good. He flirted with Trinh, Mary and Kris like a champ tonight. When they left he said "Bye girlfriends!"

5. The cheapest birthday present will undoubtedly be his favorite. He played with a tiny howler monkey from his Diego rescue set all day. The Diego set was maybe 10 dollars, but that was his favorite thing he got. (The empty bag with tissue paper is of course a close second)

I LOVE MY KID!!! I hope this is the first of many dates we get to have when I stop working full time. It is great to be there from the time he wakes up till the time he goes to bed.

1 comment:

Carole said...

Sounds like y'all had a great day! I'm so glad y'all had so much fun:)