Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby Boy!


Maybe it is the hormones, maybe it is the sappy blogs I have been reading (thanks Carole), or maybe it is just the crazy love I have for my son.... But I stared at him in awe tonight of how perfectly beautiful and wonderful he is and got quite teary! I love his blue, blue eyes, his soft skin, his precious freckles, and the way he smiles when he doesn't even know anyone is looking at him. He is just joyful! What a miracle God gave us on April 16, 2006! Sometimes I can't believe how much he has changed in two years. It seems like only a few weeks ago that I gave birth to him. I remember the instant relief of pain and complete joy I felt the second I got to hold him. Funny how God erases the pain and fills every ounce of your soul with joy.



Top Ten Reasons I Love Being Parker's Mommy:

1. I love, love, love his curly hair. Dada hopes he outgrows it because he thinks he'll look like Will Ferrell one day, but I think he'll look like Justin Timberlake and should keep those goldilocks!

2. I get lost in his blue eyes. Jared says they are the only feature he got from me, but I think his are 10 times more beautiful than mine. He doesn't need the eyelash curler and mascara to make them POP!

3. I love his voice. I have enjoyed these last few months of constant speech because he has the most precious voice. Especially when he says "I Wuv U Mama!"

4. His greetings when I get home from work. I thought doggie greetings were fun, but Parker's joyful cry "Mama's home!" takes the cake!

5. Bedtime stories. Parker is the best kid ever at bedtime. Around 8:00 he tells us he wants to go read, crawls in bed, picks out 3 books to read and then sweetly tells us "Night Night." He is so easy and cuddly at bedtime.

6. I love that he's a Mama's boy. I created a monster by loving on this kid constantly his first 2 years because now he's a hopeless Mama's boy. I love it though. He can stay that way forever.

7. He's a streaker. His favorite part of the day is when he gets to run naked through the house after his bath. You have to catch him to put on his diaper.

8. I love how much he loves to remember the whole family at bedtime. When we used to rock he'd say night, night to Nana, Papa, Uma, CiCi, Brady, Brooke, Shannon, etc... until we went through everyone including the dog. Now he just wants to call everyone on the phone.

9. His sweet nature. I have never seen a kid smile as much as he does. He smiles while he's playing, watching cartoons, painting, riding in the car, you name it!

10. Dancing. His dances are wonderful. He got his Dada's goofy style.

Tearing it up on Rock Band with Mama and Dada!

Happy 2nd Birthday Parker. You are deeply loved. I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for our family.

3 comments:

Crazy May Days said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Parker! We just LOVE your little self too...and would greatly welcome you into our family one day (afterall, you are betrothed and all...) Love to you from the May Family.

Carole said...

Happy Birthday Parker!! Great post Heather:)

Marc and Julie said...

Happy Birthday, Parker!! I can't believe you're 2!! What a big boy!!