Monday, March 10, 2008

Belly Kisses and Belly Laughs



Ok
, so I know you moms out there know how this feels. I think I am 1000x more in love with my kid today than yesterday. How does one heart continue to expand so much? He is so hilarious, and he had me cracking up in the car. On the way home from the park this afternoon he got thirsty watching me drink from my water bottle. I was a bad mom and didn't bring his sippie cup, so I decided to let him try to drink from the bottle. He proceeded to dump it in his lap and all over his face. So I took it away, he then said "more water please." So I gave it back, just for giggles and he poured it down his face again and looked totally surprised. He really thought he would get a different result in the four times I let him try. I know this sounds mean to let your kid get soaking wet, but he was cracking up and I couldn't help but laugh at his persistence.

Then, our evening consisted of kisses, hugs, cuddles and belly kisses. He says "baby belly" now and kisses my stomach. Too cute! So I will embarrass myself by posting the pictures...just look at him, not my expanding waist line.



Some days parenting is pure bliss.

2 comments:

Emily said...

That is adorable!!! He is going to be such a sweet and caring big brother.

I had a fun seeing you guys too Saturday night - it made me realize how much I've missed seeing you girls up at work recently!

Anonymous said...

Quite the little "Bsby Bump" you've got there. Another linebacker for the University of Texas? Somebody in California loves you guys.

Uncle Johnny