Tuesday, March 4, 2008

No Genetic Scare!

Hooray for baby #2. We got our results from the nucchal (sp?) translucency test/genetic screening, and our odds of having a chromosomal defect are less than 1 in 10,000! That is awesome news to us because our odds with Parker were 1 in 100 since we had a false positive. That led to a scary month in my pregnancy last time. This time I get to just enjoy the second trimester. I am only throwing up once a day (big improvement) and have so much more energy. I am starting to feel like myself again.

I am enjoying the heck out of Parker's new verbal skills and smarts. He now knows his colors, shapes, some numbers, some letters and so many words. The funniest thing he did this week was shouting "B, S" repeatedly in the grocery store. People probably thought I was teaching him profanity at home, but he always picks two random letters a day to say over and over. It is usually A,B or B,C, or D,E but for some reason he chose B,S in public. It was just to make me embarrassed, I am sure.

We are getting ready for his second birthday... mark it on your calendars. The Blue's Clues Bash will be on April 19th at 11:00. We will grill out again if it is nice.

On a side note.... can you believe it snowed like a blizzard last night and is so warm today that Parker is wearing shorts? Only in Texas!

I will leave you with the cutest trilogy of pictures... What happened to the poor fish?




















1 comment:

Leslie Cuevas said...

Yea, I am sure that you are so relieved. I am so sad we will be out of town the weekend of Parker's bday party...I think you should reschedule it! :)