Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Week in Review





Avery is 4 weeks old now... time sure does fly!  I am a little sad because that means I only have one more month of maternity leave before having to leave her a few days a week. She enjoys her tummy time more than Parker did, thank goodness.  I'm sure a 50% noggin helps.  

Parker decided that he likes school this week, which is a blessing, except when that means that he screams and cries when it is time to leave.  After open house on Tuesday he decided that he wanted to stay with Ms. Martha and not come home with us.  It was pretty pitiful.  He toddled right into the room on Thursday without a single tear shed.  This was a pleasant change from the guilt trips of last week where he cried... Don't leave me momma!  After I dropped him off at school, Avery and I enjoyed a trip down memory lane (for me anyway).  We went to the Thunderbird skating rink where I had gone for many birthday parties as a child and went stroller skating with some of my mommy friends from work.  It was a blast and a serious butt workout that I needed.  

Then, on Friday we went to a birthday party for one of Parker's friends from school.  Thought this was a good idea... Parker was excited.  Then we arrived and had our first full blown terrible two year old meltdown!  He cried and cried "Don't leave me Momma!"  He did not listen to me explaining that I was staying to play, he just bawled his eyes out, which made me want to do the same.  All the parents were so sweet but I know they secretly thought... "Thank God that's not me!"  I was mortified.  He played well for about 10 minutes and then we had to leave because it was so awful.  

I think Parker just wants to be the baby sometimes that crawls into my lap and gets cuddled.  He acts like he enjoys being a big brother, but I think it is hard to process sometimes for him that he has to share Mommy.  




Please pray for more sleep and less tantrums next week!

No comments: