Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hijacking



Hi All, 

It's Jared and I'm going to hijack Heather's blog tonight so please indulge me as I put down a few words to say what a special two weeks I've had with my family. Normally I don't stray too far away from work and the problems that arise but for the past week and a half I have been 100% disconnected. I've not checked email or voicemail and in the process have been able to spend some serious quality time with Heather, Parker, and Avery (although I'm a little disappointed in Avery's level of playfulness at this point!)



I had a tough time watching my little man go to school for the first time today. It seems like a month ago he was just getting here and now he's growing up quickly. I look at his face and see the innocence in his eyes and I don't want him to hurt or to be sad, and I will do anything I can to prevent that. But today I was helpless. I had to look through a 4 inch wide piece of glass and see my best buddy taking giant breaths after having a big cry because he was having tough time trying to process why he was there, what was going on, and where did mom and dad go. I wanted to open the door and give him a hug to let him know everything was going to be ok, but like I said I was helpless. I was helpless because I had to let go a little bit today. I had to put just a little bit of trust in others with my most precious gift from God and in the process learned that I need that little man probably more than he needs me. 

 


So after 5 hours of worrying about Parker with several updates from "Nana" that he was doing just fine without me, we got to go home and resume our normal goofiness as evidenced by the wearing of the pants on the head above. Parker did great today and I'm so proud of him....hopefully Dad will do better on Thursday.

So in closing I would like to take just a few more words to tell Heather, Parker and Avery how much I love them and how I never saw it coming that I would become a big cry baby when it comes to them! 

No comments: