Monday, September 8, 2008

A Week of Firsts





We have had a wonderful first week at home, for the most part.  Avery is very good natured.  She is content most of the day and only fusses about having her diaper changed and being hungry.  The only hard part is that she wants to nurse at least every 2 hours, if not more often.  She is trying to catch up to her birth weight, I guess, so I am trying not to complain too much.  I am hoping this is a phase that will pass once she gains a little weight.  

Not a big fan of her first bath with Nana and Momma.

Her first nap in her big crib.  She looks so tiny in that giant crib!  She sleeps in a cradle in our room at night but likes her crib during the day.  

Parker's first time to share toys with his baby sister.  I don't think she really appreciated the gesture since she slept through it all.  


Parker seems to be adjusting to Avery pretty well.  It is hard to truly tell what he thinks because he is preoccupied with his leg injury.  (he slipped and fell 2 days before I was induced and got a bad sprain)  He has been very hesitant to walk and we are having to trick him into weight-bearing.  It is rough carting around a 32 pound two year old and a one week old.  So I hope he'll be up and running again soon.  In the meantime he has gotten very good at puzzles and playing with his new train set. 







Jared has really enjoyed being at home with us.  He said he'd like to still get paid and not have to work.... anyone know of a job like that?  Sign me up too.  I am really nervous about when he goes back to work next week.  Hope I can handle it on my own!  My mom is coming over a few days so I can have a little more help. 

Avery's first football game with Daddy.  She stayed up with Dad and watched college football while mom got some much needed sleep.  Too sweet!

I am hoping we can remember to get someone to take a picture of us all together soon so we can post a family picture.  We keep forgetting.  

1 comment:

Carole said...

those pictures are great! i'm glad everything's going well!