Tuesday, March 3, 2009

We are still here!

*** Update from Avery's Doctor Visit:
16lb, 12 oz- 50-75%
25 1/2 in- 50 %
Head circumference 75%
100% healthy and adorable


No one told me how hard it would be to keep up with a blog now that I have two kids under the age of three!  I am trying to update more often, but it never seems to happen.  I meant to update last night but got sucked into the three hour Bachelor drama!  Did anyone else think they were watching Jerry Springer?

Everyone has been asking what Avery is up to these days.  She turned six months old on Sunday, and it is absolutely impossible to describe how much faster this six months has been than Parker's first six months!  She is growing up in the blink of an eye.  

So, what is new with her?  She has graduated from the infant seat to a convertible car seat and floppy seat at restaurants. She is sitting up for about 5 minutes at a time without falling over. She is holding her own bottle.  She is drooling so much that her little cheeks are chapped.  She is interacting and actually playing with Parker, which is so cute! She smiles so much that it must make her cheeks hurt.  She is sleeping a little better at night.  Mostly she is anxiously awaiting the arrival of two pesky teeth on bottom that are giving her fits.  We'll see how big she is at her doctor appointment tomorrow.




How is Parker?  He got to see Bob the Builder last weekend, which he loved.  He is starting to realize that Avery is not visiting but here to stay.  He doesn't like her being fussy and the other night he told Jared "I don't like my baby sister anymore.  Can you take her back to the hospital?"  So needless to say he's been getting a little more attention.  Poor guy!


Dada's face at intermission pretty much sums up how the parents all felt at Bob the Builder.

Thankfully Parker has really fun aunts to entertain him lately since Mom and Dad get a little tied up with Avery from time to time.

2 comments:

Crazy May Days said...

I cannot BELIEVE how big they are getting! Oh we miss you guys so much! I am SO sad that I didn't get to visit on Sunday- I was on my way out!

And yes, I did watch ALL of the bachelor and I was SO annoyed and... it was totally posed for TV I could tell.

Love to you!

Lindsey said...

Hey!
Thanks for all your posts and sweet advice-the zofran is helping a ton..and gingerale! Ok, so Avery is so stinking cute! Now I want a girl, but a healthy baby will be a blessing! So fun to keep up with you! Parker is so big! I bet he and Bryce would have fun playinf-we should plan a play date!
Love ya,
Lidnsey