Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Toddler's Creed


So I have noticed that I am obsessed with taking pictures of the kids.  It is as though Jared and I don't exist anymore.  I used to love having pictures of me and Jared together in different places and now we seem to have been banished to the spot behind the lens for eternity!  But how can I resist snapping away at my little cherub cheeked babies!  


I think Parker has gotten over wanting to return Avery to the hospital.  This week he wants to kiss and hug her constantly.  He is not a big fan of sharing his toys, but is otherwise very sweet these days.  


In this picture he is trying to steal her toy...of course he doesn't really want it, but darn it....Avery can't have fun with it.  It really cracks me up.  See the hilarious poem below that pretty much sums up life in our house these days!


 The "Toddler's Creed" appeared in the syndicated weekly newspaper article "Families Today" by T. Berry Brazelton. It is a nice reminder of the stresses we feel with normal behavior of toddlers. Enjoy.

If I want it, it's mine.
If I give it to you and change my mind later, it's mine.
If I can take it away from you, it's mine.
If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
If it's mine, it will never belong to anybody else, no matter what.
If we are building something together, all the pieces are mine.
If it looks just like mine, it is mine.

Sometimes I feel the same way.  Those cheeks are mine! Those tiny toes are mine! Those belly laughs are all mine!  I just want to bottle them up at each stage in their life so I can open it and enjoy it later.  I guess this blog will be my bottle :)


Had to include a few pics from this weekend as well.  We went to see some family in Waxahachie this weekend and got some pics of my sweet girlfriend Angie with her newborn, Bailey Rae.  


And Uma ended up getting a picture taken too.  She is like the Loch Ness monster or Bigfoot...it is very rare that she is captured on film!












1 comment:

Crazy May Days said...

such BEAUTIFUL kids! I miss them! They are growing so fast!