Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I've been tagged

Never done this before... but I got tagged by my amazing friend Steffie!  She is the proud mama of triplets that have to be the healthiest 3 babies on the planet.  Stefanie is the only woman I know who can make it look easy to lose baby weight...from triplets no less.  :)

Here are the rules-

1. Link back to the person that tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog- and here they are...
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours- See below
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them- So many of my friends have been tagged :) I am going to tag 4 of you guys! If you have been tagged recently, just ignore this!
5. Leave a comment for each tagged blogger, to let them know they have been tagged


Okay so this is hard to come up with 6 unspectacular facts about myself but here's my best

1.  I am a relatively even tempered person.... that is unless I am hungry.  I am notorious in my family for having the worst moods ever when my blood sugar drops too low.  I never feel hungry, but a ferocious beast comes out that attacks for no good reason, and everyone looks around for the nearest food to give me.  So, if I ever snap your head off for no good reason, just smile and pass me a Snickers bar.

2.  I am not a person who has many fears... I have never had a panic attack or felt claustrophobic in my past.  Small spaces, stuck in elevators, etc... never has phased me.  IKEA scares the living crap out of me.  My husband and I went to IKEA one time because some person who loves me gave us a gift card for Parker when I was pregnant, and I had a full blown panic attack in that store.  I don't know if it was being forced to follow a never-ending path of arrows, being stuck behind a family who had never heard of deodorant, or the fact that I could not see an exit for miles but I started to sweat, my heart was racing and I had to sit down in the kids beds for  while.  It was a strange sensation that I never want to repeat.  So I can say that I now have one fear in life... IKEA.

3.  I love to watch swimming in the Olympics.  I competed in the country club swim team circuit from about 8-15 years of age and for some reason I am still into watching it on TV.  I was never a first place swimmer but I certainly tried hard.  I threw up after almost every swim practice... I think it had something to do with doing over 200 laps per morning, but I was in great shape.  Go team USA and Phelps!  I have great respect for what those people do.  It was rough.

4.  I am a pianist without a piano.  I played piano for most of my life and really miss it.  It was my relaxation/destressor at the end of the day.  I haven't had a piano since I moved out of my parent's house, so I probably stink compared to where I was in high school... but I hope it is like riding a bike and that I can get back into it when I can afford a piano one day.

5.  I can't visit someone in the hospital without feeling a compulsive need to clean, provide some kind of medical care, or do something to feel useful.  After spending the whole day in a hospital, you would think I could just enjoy visiting people but I feel the need to do something.  I was visiting a good friend yesterday who had just had a c-section and beautiful baby boy and I couldn't stop thinking about how her catheter bag needed to be emptied.  I told her if her nurse didn't come take care of it quick I was going to have to do it.  It's compulsive.  I just wish I wanted to clean that much at home.

6.  I have a human thermometer in my cheek.  It is a true talent.  I can tell if Parker is running a temperature of even one degree just by pressing my cheek to his.  I know a lot of mom's think they are good at this, but I am really good.  Promise :)

So, now I am supposed to tag 6 people but most of my blogging buds have been tagged, so I will tag 3 people.  



No comments: