Friday, February 22, 2008

Back from the dead!

Well folks....I think I am finally back from the land of the "almost dead". For those of you who haven't heard me griping for two weeks straight...here's a recap. I had a nasty ear infection that was incorrectly treated with antibiotics. Unfortunately it was viral and progressed for months causing 50% hearing loss in my left ear, constant ringing and horrible vertigo. The ENT said it is most likely permanent damage that has been done to my inner ear, but my brain has learned to compensate so the dizziness has improved a lot. But vertigo combined with morning sickness was awful. So, don't get annoyed when I say "huh?" or "what?" a lot.... I really can't hear you... I'm not just tuning you out :) But I finally feel better. Poor Parker was wondering who the mysterious woman was living in the bottom floor of the house who never played or moved her head. I took him the park today and had the energy to play. Hurray!

Also, I wanted to tell you all about my superhero friend Julie, who managed to push out an 8 pound boy in two tries and looks like a supermodel again. She didn't even struggle to get out of bed and hug me. My friend Carole and I were shocked and decided that she's either superhuman or we are super wimps. I choose to believe that Julie is Wonder Woman. I am so excited for her and her addition to the family! It makes me feel ready for number two.

I also wanted to share this precious picture of Parker in his new hat. Our dear friend Diane made this hat during a two hour road trip to Canton with me and my mom. I am amazed at her mad skills. Parker just wanted to take it on and off and play with it all day!

This is an old video of Parker swinging, but he smiled just as big today!

2 comments:

The Rogers Triplets said...

Welcome to the blogging world!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! I think you're underestimating yourself...I can't believe you've managed to make it to work and do your job at all while dealing with the horrible vertigo/morning sickness.

Parker is such a cute little gigglebox in that video!