Wednesday, June 25, 2008

30 week Sonogram

Today we had another sonogram. Avery is 29 weeks and 4 days, but I am rounding up!!! She weighed in at a whopping 3.3 pounds. She's a bit bigger than average, but that is normal for our babies. The good news is that I didn't gain any weight, which is amazing since I am eating so much. Maybe she will keep using all my stored up fat and I'll only gain 20 pounds with this pregnancy. One can only hope. Jared and I had a blast watching her yawn, stick out her tongue, swallow amniotic fluid and practice breathing. Jared said hopefully she will look like one of us, since Parker looks like the mailman :)

We are so thrilled that things are going so well. I must confess that I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and to find out something is wrong, especially with all the complications we had with Parker. But praise God, Avery is perfect and this pregnancy is complication free. (not puke free, but complication free) No swollen legs and high blood pressure. Hooray. So as much as I complain about the puking and feeling tired, I am truly blessed that everything has gone as smoothly as it has.

There is something so exciting about new life and it is surrounding us lately. It seems as though all of our friends are expecting or have recently delivered. We have plenty of playmates for our kids to grow up with, that is for sure.

Just so everyone can see the amazing journey Avery has made... I have attempted the impossible.... uploading videos. Below is her first video on 2/23/2008 at about 12 weeks. The video from today is going to be harder to upload because it wasn't taken on our camera. So, I will try to post it tomorrow so you can see how amazing the change in space and her much more distinct features. It is awesome to see her hiccuping and moving around so freely at this early stage in my pregnancy before I could even feel her.

No comments: